Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Cottage Cheese kathi Kabab:
- 450 gm cottage cheese (paneer)
- ½ tsp poppy (khus khus) seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 6 cloves
- 4 black cardamoms
- 1 cinnamon stick (1” piece)
- 15 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- ½ cup yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp gram, roasted and powdered
- 1 tbsp salad oil
- Butter for brushing
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 paranthas
Directions for making Cottage Cheese kathi Kabab:
- Lightly broil poppy and coriander seeds, cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, peppercorns and cumin.
- Blend the spices along with onion, garlic and ginger.
- Whisk together, yoghurt, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, gram flour and salad oil.
- Coat cottage cheese cubes evenly with the prepared mixture.
- Roast in a hot grill (163 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes, turning 2-3 times to roast evenly.
- Brush with butter. Sprinkle mango powder, garam masala and lemon juice.
- Divide into four portions, place each portion in the centre of one parantha. Roll each parantha tightly, wrapping one end with aluminum foil or butter paper.
- Serve hot, accompanied by mint chutney and onion salad.
- Enjoy your Cottage Cheese kathi Kabab. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aval Dosai, Idli, Madhur Vadai, Milk Appam, Rava Dosa, Sweet Puttu, Ven Pongal, Vermicilli Masala Vadai, Kara Vadai, Didir Onion Rava Dosa
Go to Top