Ingredients for Kanjeepuram Idli:
- 3 cups Par boiled
- 1 1/2 cup Urad dhall
- 1 tsp Dry ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- Curry leaves
- 6 tsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
Directions for making Kanjeepuram Idli:
- Rinse and soak par boiled rice and urad dhall in water for 2 hours.
- Grind the above coarsley and add hing and salt to this. Keep it overnight so that this will ferment.
- Fry pepper, cumin seeds, and curry leaves in oil and ghee.
- Add this to the flour.
- Add dried ginger powder and mix everything together.
- Coat a flat vessal with oil, and pour the idli flour into this and pressure cook for 45 minutes in low heat without pressure cooker weight.
- Enjoy your Kanjeepuram Idli. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aval Dosai, Idli, Madhur Vadai, Milk Appam, Rava Dosa, Sweet Puttu, Ven Pongal, Vermicilli Masala Vadai, Kara Vadai, Didir Onion Rava Dosa
Go to Top