The dosa, dosai, dose, thosai, or dhosa is a South Indian crêpe, a typical South Indian breakfast item.
Makes: 8-10 medium sized dosas
Shelflife: 1 day refrigerated.
Texture: Light and thin, foldable but crisp.
Ingredients for Mixed Dal Dosas:
- 1 cup rice
- 1/3 cup yellow moong
- 1/3 cup channa
- 1/3 cup urad dal
- 2 tbsp. curds
- 1/2 tsp. soda bi-carb
- 2 tbsp. oil
- salt to taste
- oil to shallow fry
Directions for making Mixed Dal Dosas:
- Wash rice separately and dals toghether.
- Soak in plenty of water and keep aside for 5-6 hours.
- Wet grind the rice till semolina type grain can be felt.
- Wet grind rice till fine. Mix both batters.
- Add the curds, salt, soda and oil.
- Mix well till fluffy and light. Keep aside for 3-4 hours before making dosas.
- Heat griddle, pour batter and make as for plain dosas.
- Serve hot with chutney.
- Make thin or thick as desired.
- Enjoy your Mixed Dal Dosas. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aval Dosai, Idli, Madhur Vadai, Milk Appam, Rava Dosa, Sweet Puttu, Ven Pongal, Vermicilli Masala Vadai, Kara Vadai, Didir Onion Rava Dosa
Go to Top