Adai is a savory pancake similar to a dosa made from a mixture of various daals and rice generally prepared in South India as tiffen. Adai is healthy and very easy to prepare.
Ingredients for Ordinary Adai:
- 2 cups Thuvar dhall
- 1 cup Channa dhall
- 1/2 cup Urad dhall
- 4 tsp Moong dhall
- 1 1/2 cup Cream of Rice
- 8 Red
- 4 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Hing
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cooking oil for making adai
Directions for making Ordinary Adai:
- Rinse and soak thuvar dhall, channa dhall, urad dhall, moong dhall, and cream of rice together in 6 cups of water.
- Grind the above coarsely with salt, hing and red chillies.
- (Similar to making dosai's/Pan cakes) Spread a big spoon full of the above batter on a hot non-stick pan, and put 1 t.spoon of oil around it.
- Let it cook on this side for a few minutes, and then turn over to the other side, and put 1 t.spoon of oil around it.
- Wait till the addai turns brown.
- Serve it hot with any chutney, or with some jaggery.
- Enjoy your Ordinary Adai. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aval Dosai, Idli, Madhur Vadai, Milk Appam, Rava Dosa, Sweet Puttu, Ven Pongal, Vermicilli Masala Vadai, Kara Vadai, Didir Onion Rava Dosa
Go to Top