Rava dosa - made with rava or semolina, which doesn't need fermentation and is usually considered a South Indian fast snack/tiffin. Rava Dosa tastes best when it is served hot.
Makes: 10 - 12 thin dosas
Shelflife: Fresh only.
Texture: Thin with polka sized holes, not too crisp, foldable.
Ingredients for Rava Dosa:
- 1 cup fine soji (semolina)
- 1/2 cup rice flour or plain flour
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/8 tsp. soda bicarb
- 2-2 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp. coriander chopped fine
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
Directions for making Rava Dosa:
- Blend all the ingredients together.
Add more buttermilk if necessary.
- The batter should be relatively thin. Salt to taste. Keep aside for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Heat griddle and pour 1 large spoon of batter on it.
Spread by gently rotating the griddle.
- Put some oil (1/2 tsp.) over dosa.
- Lift with a spatula as for basic dosa.
- Enjoy your Rava Dosa. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aval Dosai, Idli, Madhur Vadai, Milk Appam, Rava Dosa, Sweet Puttu, Ven Pongal, Vermicilli Masala Vadai, Kara Vadai, Didir Onion Rava Dosa
Go to Top