Preparation time: Overnight + 6 ½ hours
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Rice Flour Pancakes (Dosa):
For pancakes (dosa):
- 225 gm parboiled rice
- ¾ cup lentils (urad daal), husked
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 5 1/3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp water
- Salt to taste
For Potato Filling:
- 1 cup potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Bengal gram (chana daal), split
- ½ cup onions, sliced
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 10 curry leaves
- 4 tsp green coriander, chopped
Directions for making Rice Flour Pancakes (Dosa):
- Soak the rice and lentils overnight along with fenugreek seeds. Blend with water (3 tbsp) to make a fine paste. Keep aside and allow to ferment for 5 to 6 hours.
- Heat oil in kadhai or wok, sauté mustard seeds till crackle, add gram, stir until light brown. Stir in onions, sauté till transparent. Mix in green chillies, turmeric, salt and lemon juice. Add potatoes, curry leaves and coriander. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat a tawa (griddle). Season it by wiping the surface (once only) with ½ onion wrapped in muslin and dipped in oil. Reduce heat, thinly spread a ladleful of batter by moving the ladle in concentric circles. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Loosen edges by dotting with oil. Flip over, semi-cook for a few seconds. Flip over again, place 2 tbsp of potato mixture in the centre, dot with butter and fold both sides over. Serve hot, accompanied by coconut chutney and sambhar.
- Enjoy your Rice Flour Pancakes (Dosa). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aval Dosai, Idli, Madhur Vadai, Milk Appam, Rava Dosa, Sweet Puttu, Ven Pongal, Vermicilli Masala Vadai, Kara Vadai, Didir Onion Rava Dosa
Go to Top