Puttu is a specialty in Sri Lanka and Kerala (South India). It is a steamed rice cake which is a favourite breakfast for many.
Ingredients for Sweet Puttu:
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 50g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cardomom
- oil for frying
Directions for making Sweet Puttu:
- Dry roast 400g of rice and powder it finely.
- Heat equal quantity of water to lukewarm, add a pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp
- Pour this water into the powdered rice and mix into a paste.
- Steam this paste in a pressure cooker fully until you get 4-5 whistles.
- To 50 ml water add 1/2 kg jaggery, 6 cardomoms, and 1/4 cup grated coconut and make syrup out of jaggery as described.
- Break the cooked rice dough into fine pieces, and mix it with the jaggery syrup.
- Add roasted cashewnuts.
- Enjoy your Sweet Puttu. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aval Dosai, Idli, Madhur Vadai, Milk Appam, Rava Dosa, Sweet Puttu, Ven Pongal, Vermicilli Masala Vadai, Kara Vadai, Didir Onion Rava Dosa
Go to Top