Adai is a savory pancake similar to a dosa made from a mixture of various daals and rice generally prepared in South India as tiffen. Adai is healthy and very easy to prepare.
Ingredients for Thaval Adai:
- 2 cups Rice
- 3/4 cup Channa dhall
- 3/4 cup Thuvar dhall
- 1/2 cup Urad dhall
- 6 Red chillies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- a small pinch Hing
- 1 tsp Salt
- Curry leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Ghee
Directions for making Thaval Adai:
- Rinse and soak rice, channa dhall, thuvar dhall, and urad dhallin water for 1 hour.
- Wet grind the above coarsely with red chillies and salt.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan, and add cumin seeds, pepper, hing, and curry leaves, and mix it with the batter.
- Make them similar to addai's.
- Enjoy your Thaval Adai. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aval Dosai, Idli, Madhur Vadai, Milk Appam, Rava Dosa, Sweet Puttu, Ven Pongal, Vermicilli Masala Vadai, Kara Vadai, Didir Onion Rava Dosa
Go to Top