Instead of making it like a crispy crepe, uthappam is thick and not filled. Uthappam is sometimes called an Indian pizza or Indian pancake.
Ingredients for Uthappam:
- Par Boiled rice - 2
- Raw rice - 2
- Urud Dal - 1/2
- Fenugreek seeds - little
Directions for making Uthappam:
- Rinse the above ingredients in water for about 2-3 hours. Then grind in a blender (with adding water in steps) into a very fine flour.
- Add salt and keep it aside (to get sour) for 12 hours.
- Heat the pan and spread a drop of oil on it. When the pan is fully heated, take some flour and spread it on the pan into a round shape.
- Turn it over so that both sides are cooked well. When it is almost cooked spread a teaspoon over it.
- Place some and roll the Uthappam on both sides and move it to a plate.
- Enjoy your Uthappam. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aval Dosai, Idli, Madhur Vadai, Milk Appam, Rava Dosa, Sweet Puttu, Ven Pongal, Vermicilli Masala Vadai, Kara Vadai, Didir Onion Rava Dosa
Go to Top