Ingredients for Vella (Jaggery) Dosai:
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- 3 tsp Cream of Rice (Rava)
- 1/4 cup Coconut, finely chopped
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 2 Cardamom, powdered
- 1-2 tsp Ghee per dosai
Directions for making Vella (Jaggery) Dosai:
- Melt jaggery in 2 cups of boiling water and let it cool.
- Mix wheat flour, rice flour, rava, maida, cardamon, and coconut with the melted jaggery, and make a fine batter.
- (Similar to making dosai's/Pan cakes) Spread a big spoon full of the above batter on a hot non-stick pan, and put 1 t.spoon of ghee around it.
- Let it cook on this side for a few minutes, and then turn over to the other side, and put 1 t.spoon of ghee around it.
- Wait till the dosaiturns brown.
- Enjoy your Vella (Jaggery) Dosai. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aval Dosai, Idli, Madhur Vadai, Milk Appam, Rava Dosa, Sweet Puttu, Ven Pongal, Vermicilli Masala Vadai, Kara Vadai, Didir Onion Rava Dosa
Go to Top