This is a South Indian recipe.
Ingredients for Chettinad Pepper Chicken:
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken, cut into medium sized pieces
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp ginger - finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 green chillies
(lengthwise split into two)
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 5 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2-1 tsp garam masala
- a few whole black pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
(freshly ground pepper will bring better flavor)
- salt to taste
Directions for making Chettinad Pepper Chicken:
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add the onions, curry leaves, whole black pepper and green chillies and saute for a while.
- Then add the ginger and garlic (mash them up together or can use ginger garlic paste instead) and fry for a few min.
- Then, add the coriander, turmeric powders and garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Add the chicken to the frying pan and mix well, then add some water and cover and cook over a low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is almost done, add the ground pepper into the mixture and mix well.
- Consistency should be gravy like. Goes well with rice and rotis.
- Enjoy your Chettinad Pepper Chicken. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top