Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Chicken Handi:
- 800 g chicken (thighs), boneless
- A pinch of saffron
- 5 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp onions, sliced
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 10 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 tsp ginger paste
- 4 tsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp yellow chilli powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
Directions for making Chicken Handi:
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Soak saffron in a spoonful of water for 10 minutes. Crush and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add chopped garlic. Sauté till brown. Add the onions and sauté till light brown.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes, chicken, salt and yellow chilli powder. Stir for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover and simmer till chicken is tender.
- Remove from fire. Take out the chicken pieces from the gravy. Strain the gravy into another pot through a soup strainer.
- Cook the gravy till it is reduces to a sauce-like consistency. Add the chicken pieces and cook for a minutes.
- Stir in the prepared saffron, remove from heat and serve hot, accompanied by an Indian bread of your choice.
- Enjoy your Chicken Handi. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top