Ingredients for Chicken Kurma (korma):
- 1/2 kg Chicken breast or thigh fillets
- 3 strands Saffron
- 3 pods Green cardamom
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- 4 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp White pepper powder
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp each - Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 5 Cashewnuts
- 1/2 cup Boiling water
- 1/4 cup Curd/yogurt
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken stock (or warm water)
- 2 tsp Cream
- salt to taste
Directions for making Chicken Kurma (korma):
- Chicken breast or thigh fillets should be skinned and trimmed of excess fat.
- Dice the breasts into 5cm(2ins) cubes and the thighs halved.
- Put the cashews and saffron in a bowl and pour over the boiling water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the curd/yoghurt and add to the chicken and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based casserole over a low heat and add the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
- Let them sizzle and add the onions fry them on medium heat untill they soften.
- Add the ginger & garlic paste and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, turmeric, chilli powder, white pepper and coriander powder and fry.
- Add the chicken and increase the heat to medium high and stir until the chicken is opaque.
- Pour in the stock or water, cover the pan and reduce the heat to low for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the cashews and saffron (with the water in which they were soaked) in a blender and add the cream. Blend until smooth and add to the chicken.
- Add the garam masala and cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with cream and coriander leaves.
- Enjoy your Chicken Kurma (korma). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top