Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for Chicken in Spinach Puree:
- 1 kg chicken, skinned cut into pieces
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 2/3 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 2/3 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 cup onion paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- ¾ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 350 gm spinach
- 2/3 tsp maizeflour (make ka atta)
- 2 2/3 tbsp water
- ½ cup butter
- Salt to taste
- 2/3 tsp white pepper powder
- 2 tsp ginger, julienned
- 2/3 tsp fenugreek powder
Directions for making Chicken in Spinach Puree:
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon and bay leaves and sauté over medium heat until they begin to crackle.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and onion pastes and red chilli powder, sauté for 30-60 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and sauté further for 1 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach puree and the maize flour (diluted with water) and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another pan, heat the butter and sauté the chicken until lightly browned.
- Transfer the chicken pieces into the spinach puree. Add salt and white pepper powder, cover and simmer on very low heat (dum) for 10-15 minutes or till chicken is cooked.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped whole red chillies (optional) and fenugreek powder, accompanied by Naan.
- Enjoy your Chicken in Spinach Puree. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top