Ingredients for Madras Chicken Birayani:
- Chicken - 2 cornish hen
- 3 tsp Corinder powder
- 3 tsp Chillie powder
- 1 tsp Gram Masala Powder
- 2 Cinnamon
- 2 Elaichi
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Bay leaf
- 1 small Garlic
- 1 medium Ginger
- 1 big Onion
- 1 small bunch of Coriander
- 1 medium Tomato
- 5 Chillies
- 4 cups Basmathi rice
- 4 tsp Ghee & Oil
Directions for making Madras Chicken Birayani:
- Peel the skin from the chicken and cut into small pieces, add all powders and salt.
- Cook in a separate pot.
- Grind chilli, garlic, ginger, onion, tomato and coriander bunch (grind everything separately).
- In a cooker put the ghee & oil add cinnamon, elaichi, cloves, bay leafs and grinded things (put every thing).
- Fry till the oil comes out (cook in medium fire) when it comes yellowish add the cooked chicken, mix it for 3 min.
- Add water (2 cups of rice means add 3 cups of water) some times in the cooked chicken itself will have some water, so please measure.
- When it boils add rice and close the cooker with weight.
- Keep it for 5 min. And mix it well.
- Enjoy your Madras Chicken Birayani. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top