This is a South Indian recipe.
Ingredients for Malabar Pepper Chicken:
- 1kg chicken thighs cut into 4
- 2 small onions finely chopped
- 6 table spoons black pepper corns
- 4 pods cardamom
- 2 table spoons coriander powder
- 3 table spoons refined cooking oil
- 3 table spoons coconut oil
- 4 dried chilli
- 6 table spoons desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- curry leaves
Directions for making Malabar Pepper Chicken:
- Add the pepper corns to the frying pan and quickly roast it.
- Let it cool and grind to powder.
- Add the desiccated coconut to the frying pan and quickly roast it without browning it and set aside.
- Add the refined oil to the pan and add the cardamom pods. Fry until it gives out an aroma, then add the onions. Fry the onions until it turns transparent.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until it turns colour.
- Add the salt, pepper powder and coriander powder and cook covered under a low fire for 20 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- When the chicken is cooked, mix the desiccated coconut.
- Heat another frying pan and fry the mustard seeds curry leaf and the dry chilly is in coconut oil. Add this to the chicken and serve hot with rice.
- Enjoy your Malabar Pepper Chicken. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top