Ingredients for Murgh Do Pyaaza:
- 1 whole Chicken
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 3/4 cup Ghee/Butter
- 4 Onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 cup Curd/yogurt
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Brown cardamom
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
Directions for making Murgh Do Pyaaza:
- Cut the chicken into eight pieces.
- Mix the salt and lime juice and rub all over the chicken and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the ghee/butter in a pan and add the Clove, cardamom,black pepper and cinnamon.
- Stir well then add the chicken, onion, garlic and remaining spices.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the curd /yogurt and stir for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Add the water, cover and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle the top with garam masala powder.
- Garnish with chopped onions.
- Before serving Murgh Do Pyaaza, cook it over moderate oven (180 degree C) for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your Murgh Do Pyaaza. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top