Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for Saffron Chicken:
- 800 gms chicken boneless, cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves
- 6 green cardamoms
- ¾ cup onion paste
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 5 tbsp cashewnut paste
- 1 cup yogurt, whisked
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- A pinch saffron
- ¾ cup cream
Directions for making Saffron Chicken:
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add bay leaf, cloves and cardamom and sauté until the cardamom changes color.
- Add onion paste, ginger and garlic pastes and stir fry until the oil separates.
- Add coriander powder and cashewnut paste, stir fry foro 2 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the yogurt, add salt, white pepper and saffron.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer until chicken becomes tender.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and slit-green chillies (optional). Serve hot, accompanied by an Indian bread.
- Enjoy your Saffron Chicken. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top