Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Slow Oven Chicken with a hint of Mint:
- 1 kg chicken (small) boneless cubes
- 1 2/3 tbsp oil
- 5 tsp butter, unsalted
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 5 cinnamon (daalchini) sticks
- 6 cloves (laung)
- 10 green cardamoms (choti elaichi)
- 3/5 cup onions, grated
- 5 tsp ginger paste
- 5 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup almond paste
- 2/3 cup cream
- 6 green chillies, slit into half
- 2/3 tsp mace (javitri) powder
- 3 drops vetivier (kewda) essence
- 1 tsp mint leaves (fresh)
Directions for making Slow Oven Chicken with a hint of Mint:
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms and sauté over medium heat until they begin to crackle.
- Add the onions and sauté for a few minutes. Add the ginger and garlic pastes, turmeric, red chili powder, salt and almond paste and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add the chicken, stir and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cream, green chillies, mace powder and vetivier.
- Sprinkle with fresh mint leaves, cover and seal lid with dough. Let the chicken simmer on very low heat for 5 to 6 minutes. It could also be kept in a slow oven for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and chopped whole red chillies (optional) and serve hot, accompanied by Lachha Parantha.
- Enjoy your Slow Oven Chicken with a hint of Mint. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top