Preparation time: 40 minutes + 6 hours for tandoori chicken
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Slow Oven Tandoori Chicken:
For tandoori chicken:
- 2 Chicken broiler (skinless), 600g each
- 5 tsp salt to taste
- 2 tsp red chili paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 3 1/3 garlic paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
For the marinade:
- 1 cup Yogurt, drained
- 1 tsp cumin (jeera) powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 5 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 1/3 oil
- Few strands saffron (kesar)
For the (covering) dough:
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- ¾ cup flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 drops vetivier (kewda) essence
- 2 2/3 cup cream
- 2 egg yolks
Directions for making Slow Oven Tandoori Chicken:
- Make incisions on breasts, thighs and legs of chicken.
- Mix the salt, red chilli paste, ginger-garlic pastes and lemon juice, rub into the chicken. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt in a bowl, mix all ingredients for marinade. Coat chicken with marinade and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven or tandoor to 175 degree C.
- Grease two casserole dishes, one for each chicken.
- Sieve the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Dissolve sugar in warm milk, add the vetivier and salt. Pour this into the flour, knead into a dough and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add butter to the dough, knead again and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into two equal portions, shape into balls and dust with flour. Keep aside for another 5 minutes.
- Roll out the balls into discs, the size of each casserole dish. Prick the surface of the disc with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- Cut each chicken into 4 pieces and arrange them in the casserole. Drizzle cream on each chicken and cover the dish with the rolled out disc to make a covering (parda). Press the edges to seal and brush the top with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the covering is golden brown.
- Cup open the covering (parda) and serve the chicken along with one portion of the covering (parda)
- Enjoy your Slow Oven Tandoori Chicken. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top