Ingredients for Tandoori Chicken:
- 12 pieces of chicken (drum sticks or thighs)
- 1/2 cup tandoori chicken powder.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Salt as required
- 2 lime
- One whole white onion
- One green and one red bell-pepper (optional)
- Flat aluminum tray (and foil)
Directions for making Tandoori Chicken:
- Skin the chicken pieces and make 3-4 deep cuts on each one of them.
- Mix yogurt, tandoori powder, mustard oil and salt as required.
- Mix the paste with chicken pieces and let it stand for at least 6 hours.
- After marinating is done, arrange pieces in tray, cover with foil bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250 F, and then bake and broil alternately in 30 min. cycles for 2 hrs. Occasionally, take the tray, out, and rearrange the chicken pieces before putting them back in. If there is too much water inside, drain the water. If the chicken pieces look too dry, sprinkle some water mixed with lime juice on them.
- After baking is done, take the pieces out and brush off the excess tandoori paste from them. Put the pieces in an open tray in the oven for 2-3 minutes( just to get them look crisp and dry.)
- You can add a garnishing of stir-fried onions and bell-peppers and lime juice on the chicken before serving. It should be served hot.
- Enjoy your Tandoori Chicken. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top