Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Tangy Chicken:
- 12 chicken breasts
- 1 ¼ cup yogurt
- 4 tsp garlic paste
- 4 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 3 tbsp almond paste
- 2/3 cup onions, cut in strips
- 100 gm capsicum, cut in strips
- A pinch saffron dissolved in 1 tbsp milk
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp butter, unsalted
Directions for making Tangy Chicken:
- Hang yogurt in a muslin cloth to drain all whey.
- Clean and debone chicken breasts.
- Make a marinade of yogurt, ginger and ginger pastes, salt, cumin, black pepper, lemon juice, green chillies and almond paste. Marinate the chicken in it for half and hour.
- Grease an oven-proof shallow dish. Place the chicken pieces in it, without overlapping. Arrange the onion and capsicum rings over the chicken pieces and pour the left-over marinade evenly over it.
- Dot with dollops of butter and roast in a preheated oven at 150 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle saffron, cover with aluminum and simmer in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with capsicum strips (optional). Serve simmering hot, accompanied by Lachha Parantha.
- Enjoy your Tangy Chicken. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top