Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Badami Kheer:
- ¼ cup almonds, blanched, halved
- 5 cups milk, full cream
- 1 1/3 tsp green cardamom
- 1 tsp lemon rind, grate
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4-5 drops rose water (gulab jal)
Directions for making Badami Kheer:
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil milk over medium heat. Add rice, green cardamoms and lemon rind, cook until the rice is slightly over done.
- Add the sugar and almonds and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon. Check the consistency – it should be quite thick and with a slightly golden in color.
- Add rose water and garnish with cherries (optional). Serve hot or chilled.
- Enjoy your Badami Kheer. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top