The color of the beetroot halwa is very tempting for the sweet-toothed.
Ingredients for Beetroot Halwa :
- 1 kg beetroot
- 1 1/2 litre milk
- 400-500 gm sugar
- elaichi powder (cardamom)
- saffron few flakes
- 1 tbsp ghee
Directions for making Beetroot Halwa :
- Peel and grate beetroot.
- Put milk and beetroot in a heavy saucepan. Boil till thick, stirring occassionally. Once it starts thickening, stir continuously. Add sugar and cook further till thickens.
- Add ghee, elaichi and saffron. Stir on low heat till the mixture collects in a soft ball or the ghee oozes out.
- Serve hot, decorated with a chopped almond or pista.
- Enjoy your Beetroot Halwa. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top