Carrot Halwa is one of the most popular sweets across India and considered the most famous North Indian sweet. Made with lots of grated carrots, this rich pudding-like sweet confection melts in the mouth and is very easy to prepare. Carrot Halva is best served warm.
Ingredients for Carrot Halwa:
- 1 kg juicy orange carrots
- 1 1/2 litre milk
- 400-500 gm sugar
- elaichi powder (cardamon)
- saffron few flakes
- few drops orange colour (optional)
- 1 tbsp ghee
Directions for making Carrot Halwa:
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Put milk and carrots in a heavy saucepan. Boil till thick, stirring occassionally. Once it starts thickening, stir continuously. Add sugar and cook further till thickens.
- Add ghee, elaichi, saffron and colour. Stir on low heat till the mixture collects in a soft ball or the
ghee oozes out.
- Serve hot, decorated with a chopped almond or pista.
- Enjoy your Carrot Halwa. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top