Ingredients for Cashewnut Barfi:
- 300 gms. Cashewnuts (finely ground)
- 500 ml. Milk
- 1 cups Sugar
- 250 gms Khoya
- 1 Coconut
- 10 gms each - Almonds (Badam) and pistachios (chopped)
- 1 cup Ghee or oil
- 2 Cardamoms (ground)
- Few strands of saffron
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Silver varak (paper)
Directions for making Cashewnut Barfi:
- Pass the cashewnut powder through a fine sieve, then fry in oil for a couple of mins. and keep aside.
- Add khoya to cold milk. Separately, add the nutmeg with a little milk and keep aside.
- Fry the coconut in oil till it turns a light brown.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, boil the milk and add the sugar.
- Stir till it dissolves, then add cardamom, saffron and nutmeg. Add the khoya, cashewnut pwd, grated coconut to the milk mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Continue cooking on a low flame, stirring constantly. When the mixture leaves the side of the vessel, remove and spoon contents into a greased thali.
- Smoothen with the back of a flat spoon. Garnish with varak, almonds and pistachios.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces and serve.
- Enjoy your Cashewnut Barfi. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top