Ingredients for Cheesy Sweet Jamuns:
- 150 gm puffed rice (murmura) - washed and soaked in water for 2 hours.
- 60 gm mawa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Oil for frying
- 90 gm Amul Cheese-grated
- 90 gm mawa
- 100 gm sugar
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts-chopped
- 2 tsp grated coconut
- 1 tbp raisins-chopped
- 1tsp chironji-chopped
- 200 gm sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp rose essence
- Silver foil for decoration
Directions for making Cheesy Sweet Jamuns:
- Prepare syrup by boiling together the sugar and water. Add milk and remove the scum as it surfaces. Boil till 3 cups of clear syrup are obtained. Remove from fire and flavour with essence and cardamom powder. Keep aside.
- Cook the mawa for stuffing in frying pan till it is golden brown. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Form into small balls and keep separately.
- Squeeze out the water from the puffed rice and mix it with the rest of the ingredients for Jamuns except oil. Knead well and form into as many balls as the number of stuffing balls you have. Flatten out the puffed rice balls on the plam of your hand and place a mawa ball on it. Fold over adn close sides to make an oval Jamun.
- Deep fry on low fire till dark brown. Drain well and immerse in warm syrup for an hour. Serve warm decorated with silver foil.
- Enjoy your Cheesy Sweet Jamuns. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top