Ingredients for Chickoo Halwa:
- 6 chickoos (Sapodilla fruit)
- 1/2 tea cup milk
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup sugar
- 150 gms khoya or milk powder made paste.
- 2 - 3 drops cochineal (essence)
- 1 tbsp ghee
Directions for making Chickoo Halwa:
- Peel and mash chickoos or blend.
- Add milk and boil in heavy saucepan.
- When slightly thick add khoya and cook, stirring continuously.
- Add sugar and ghee. Cook on low turning continuously till ghee oozes.
- Garnish with almond or walnut in centre of the halwa.
- Enjoy your Chickoo Halwa. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top