Coconut Burfi is a popular Indian sweets enjoyed throughout India. This chewy and sweet dessert is made of fresh coconut meat cooked in syrup flavored with cardamom powder (optional). Coconut Burfi is a favorite of many!
Making time: 30 minutes
Makes: 20-25 pieces
Shelflife: 2 weeks
Ingredients for Coconut Burfi:
- 250 gms. finely grated coconut
- 250 gms. sugar
- 150 ml. water
- ghee for greasing plate
Directions for making Coconut Burfi:
- Prepare syrup with sugar and water to 2 1/2 thread consistency.
- Warm coconut in heavy saucepan, pour in the syrup.
- Stir well and cook till soft lump forms.
- Spread in a greased plate. Cool.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder (optional).
- Cut into squares, store in airtight container.
- Enjoy your Coconut Burfi. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top