Ingredients for Dal ka seera:
- 500 gm Moong dal (green)
- 500 gm sugar
- 500 gm ghee
- saffron soaked in a little milk
- elaichi powder (Cardamom powder)
- about 250ml water
Directions for making Dal ka seera:
- Soak the dal for 5-6 hours. Wash and remove the skins well. Grind dal fine either in a stone grinder or electric grinder. Use as little water as possible.
- Put sugar and water in a pan and put to boil.
- Once sugar dissolve add a few tbsp. of milk. As the syrup boils the scum will rise. Remove with a strain. Further boil till the syrup become sticky between the fingers. (One thread should fall when poured from a tilted spoon) keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy kadai (vessel) and add dal. Keep stirring rigorously to avoid burning.
- Once the dal stops sticking to the vessel, stir gradually till golden brown, and ghee begins to separate.
- Pour the hot syrup, add elaichi and dissolved saffron. Stir very carefully, not allowing hand to be scalded. Cook slowly till all water is absorbed.
- Decorate with chopped dry fruit.
- Serve hot especially on a cold day.
- Enjoy your Dal ka seera. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top