Moong Dal Payasam is a South Indian Sweet usually served as a dessert.
Ingredients for Dal Payasam:
- 1 cup Moong Dal (lentil)
- 1/2 Coconut
- 2 cups Jaggery (grated)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Cashewnuts
- 1/4 cup Raisins
Directions for making Dal Payasam:
- Wash and drain the dal. Fry it in hot ghee for 2-3 mins. Keeo aside.
- Fry the cashews and raisins in ghee and keep aside.
- Cut 5-6 coconut rings and chop it further to small pieces. Fry it in ghee and keep aside.
- Grate the remaining coconut and grind it with 1 cup hot water.
- Drain and reserve the coconut milk. This will be thicker.
- Again add 1 cup hot water to the ground and drained coconut and grind.
- Squeeze the milk out and reserve in a separate bowl from the previous.
- Add this second milk to the fried dal and pressure cook it.
- In the meantime, boil 1- 1/2 cup water and add the jaggery to it.
- Boil it till the liquid obtains a thick consistency. Pour this into the boiled dal mixture and stir well.
- Cook for a few mins. Add cardamom pwd. and the fried cocunut pieces, cashews and raisins.
- Keep strring all the time. Add the thick coconut milk and mix well. Remove from heat and serve hot.
- It tastes great if eaten cold too.
- Enjoy your Dal Payasam. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top