Double ka meetha is a dessert that is very famous in South India often served in weddings and parties.
Ingredients for Double Ka Meetha (Bread Pudding):
- 1 loaf bread (small)
- 1 lt milk
- 500 gms sugar
- 250 gms double cream
- 250 gms clarified butter
- 100 gms chopped and roasted cashewnuts
- 100 gms almonds (soaked and chopped fine)
- 10 gm saffron
- 5 cardamom powdered
Directions for making Double Ka Meetha (Bread Pudding):
- Cut each bread slice into four pieces. Fry them in clarified butter till golden brown.
- Make a sugar syrup by adding half a litre of water to the sugar and boil it for 15 minutes.
- Add the powdered cardamom and the saffron dissolved in milk to the sugar syrup.
- Boil milk until it is thickened.
- Arrange the fried bread pieces on a flat tray and sprinkle the chopped nuts on them.
- Pour the sugar syrup, double cream and milk alternately over the bread pieces while they are still hot.
- Refrigerate and serve as dessert.
- Enjoy your Double Ka Meetha (Bread Pudding). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top