Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients for Gajar ka Halwa:
- 1 kg carrots, washed, peeled, shredded
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp green cardamoms
- 1/3 cup butter/oil
- 2 tbsp almonds, sliced or slivered
- 2 ½ tbsp raisins
- 2 ½ tbsp walnuts, chopped
- ¼ tsp cloves, ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
Directions for making Gajar ka Halwa:
- Combine carrots and milk in a pan, bring to a boil, reduce to moderate heat, cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring continuously, till the mixture is nearly dry.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar and half of the cardamom, continue stirring. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over moderate heat, fry almonds until golden. Stir in the carrot mixture along with raisins, walnuts and ground spices. Cook till the mixture (halwa) begins to separate from the sides. Serve hot, garnished with remaining cardamoms.
- Enjoy your Gajar ka Halwa. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top