Ingredients for Beetroot Halwa:
- 115 gm beetroot
- 60 gm sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 30 gm ghee or clarified butter
- 2 cardamoms, seeded and crushed
- 15 gm pistachios, blanched and chopped
Directions for making Beetroot Halwa:
- Peel and grate beetroot.
- Heat fat in a saucepan, add grated beetroot and a little water and let it cook.
- Then add sugar and continue cooking over low heat stirring constantly.
- When the mixture is dry, add milk and cardamoms.
- Cook until all the milk is absorbed and the mixture is thick.
- Remove from heat and turn out onto a buttered dish and garnish with pistachios.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Enjoy your Beetroot Halwa. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Variation: For Carrot Halwa, substitute grated carrot for beetroot.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top