Ingredients for Indian Biscuits:
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp salt
Directions for making Indian Biscuits:
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add shortening, little at a time and mix well.
- Work in buttermilk and salt to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough on a floured surface. Knead gently. Roll dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut with 2 inch flour or biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet which has been dusted with flour.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Biscuits can be sandwiched with sweetened whipped cream.
- Enjoy your Indian Biscuits. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top