Ingredients for Jalebi:
- 300 gms Refined flour
- 1/2 tsp Green cardamom powder
- Curd (yogurt) optional
- 500 gms Sugar
- a few drops of Color (optional)
- 1 tsp Soda bi-carb
- Ghee for deep frying
Directions for making Jalebi:
- Mix flour, soda and Yogurt. Add some water and make a batter.
- Leave it overnight to ferment.
- Mix it, add a little water if required and make it into a pouring consistency.
- Prepare sugar syrup with equal quantity of sugar and water. Add green cardamom powder and cook it for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat Ghee in a Kadhai. Pour batter into a jalebi cloth and then pour it into medium hot Ghee giving jalebi shapes.
- Cook it from both sides. Remove and keep it in sugar syrup for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your Jalebi. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Tip: For jalebi cloth, take some stiff cloth and make a 3 mm hole in the
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top