Ingredients for Jilebis:
- 500 gm plain flour
- ½ tsp dry yeast in 1 tsp warm water
- 1 kg sugar
- ½ kg ghee or clarified butter
- 1 liter water
- 3 crushed cardamoms
Directions for making Jilebis:
- Sieve flour in a bowl.
- Then add yeast mixture and water to make a thin batter.
- In a saucepan, heat sugar and water to make a syrup.
- Add cardamoms to the syrup and set aside.
- Put batter into a forcing bag, fitted with ½ inch plain nozzle.
- Pipe out batter in hot ghee, in a shape of figure 8, and coil.
- Fry to golden brown on both sides.
- Drain and immediately plunge into syrup.
- Let it soak for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your Jilebis. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top