Ingredients for Kadhi:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup besan
- 1 cup watersalt
- chilli powder to taste
- a pinch of Heeng (a MUST)
- a few kadhi patta
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1 tsp. oil or ghee
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- a little bit of minced ginger
To make pakode for the kadhi
- 1/2 cup besan
- salt and chilli powder to taste
- a little garam masala
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- oil to deep fry
Directions for making Kadhi:
- Make the pakode and keep them aside.
- Now mix the besan for the kadhi with the buttermilk.
- Add salt, ginger, garlic and chilli powder to the same so that they mix thoroughly as well.
- Heat up the oil. Add the mustard seeds, kadhi patta, turmeric and heeng and then pour in the liquid.
- Add the water and let the whole thing simmer till the "kachcha" taste of besan is gone i.e. till the whole thing tastes as if" kadhi pak gayi hai". If the water has evaporated by now do add more as now we'll add the pakode to the
kadhi and boil the whole thing till the pakode get completely soaked.
- Making kadhi is not as difficult as it seems from the recipe but it might take you a little bit of practice to perfect the ART as it takes some instinct.
- Enjoy your Kadhi. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top