This is probably the most loved Indian sweets across the country. This Bharfi or Burfi is flavored with cashew / Kaju and can be served coated with a thin layer of edible silver foil (varak).
Ingredients for Kaju Bharfi:
- 2 cups of cashewnuts soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- silver foil (optional)
Directions for making Kaju Bharfi:
- Drain and blend the cashews to a fine paste. Use as little water as possible when blending.
- In a heavy saucepan put sugar and paste. Cook on slow to medium heat.
- Cook stirring continuously till a soft lump is formed.
- Add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Spread on a clean greased worksurface. Roll lightly with a rolling pin, to 1/8" thickness.
- Apply the silver foil.
- Cool, cut into diamond shaped burfis.
- Enjoy your Kaju Bharfi. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top