This is a North Indian sweet.
Ingredients for Kalakand (Milk Burfi):
- 2 litres milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- chopped nuts to decorate (pista, almonds)
- silver foil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp citric acid dissolved in 1/2 cup water.
Directions for making Kalakand (Milk Burfi):
- Boil half the milk and add the citric solution as it comes to boil.
- Switch off gas. Once the chenna settles sieve through muslin cloth, press out excess water, take in a plate and press down. Do not knead.
- Put the remaining milk in a heavy pan and boil to half.
- Add the chenna and boil till the mixture thickens, stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and continue to cook, stirring all the while till softly thickens in a lump.
- Set in a tray, apply silver foil and sprinkle the chopped nuts.
- Enjoy your Kalakand (Milk Burfi). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top