Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Lavang Latika:
For the dough:
- 1 cup flour, sieved
- 2 tbsp oil
- A few strands of saffron, soaked in 1 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp water
For the filling:
- 3/5 cup khoya, mashed
- 4 tsp almonds, slivered
- 4 tsp pistachios, slivered
- ½ tsp clove, powdered
- 2 tbsp sugar, powdered
- 12 cloves
- Oil for frying
For the sugar syrup:
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 3 ½ cups water
Directions for making Lavang Latika:
- Make a well in the centre of the sieved flour.
- Put the saffron and oil into the well and incorporate into the flour.
- Add water gradually and knead to make a hard dough. Cover with a wet cloth and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- For the stuffing, mix khoya, pistachios, almonds, powdered clove and powdered sugar. Divide into 12 equal portions.
- For the sugar syrup, boil sugar with water till the sugar is completely dissolved, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and shape into balls. Roll out each of these balls into a 6” diameter pancakes.
- Place one portion of filling in centre of each pancake, brush the edges with water.
- Fold the pancakes from the right edge to centre and press firmly to seal in the filling. Repeat from the left edge, to give a 2” wide strip.
- Keeping the folded side out, make a ring with the strip. Brush edges with water and press firmly to seal, secure with a clove.
- Shallow fry on a very low heat for 8-10 minutes till crisp and golden brown in color. Remove and drain excess oil.
- Dip in hot sugar syrup to submerge completely, turning gently if required. Allow to soak for 2-3 minutes. Remove and drain excess syrup.
- Arrange neatly on a serving dish and serve.
- Enjoy your Lavang Latika. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top