Ingredients for Lentil Balls in Yogurt (Dahi Wadas):
- 2 cups urad dal (lentils)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups yogurt
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp pepper
Directions for making Lentil Balls in Yogurt (Dahi Wadas):
- Wash lentils and soak overnight.
- Drain and blend in a blender. It should form a coarse paste.
- Add salt, cumin seeds and chilli.
- Spoon mixture in hot oil.
- Lentil balls will swell and rise to surface. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Immerse balls in hot water for a minute then transfer to cold water bowl.
- Drain and squeeze excess moisture, taking care not to break them.
- Combine yogurt and water. Add ½ tsp salt.
- Add lentil balls to yogurt mixture.
- Garnish with cumin powder, chili powder and fresh coriander. Serve cold.
- Enjoy your Lentil Balls in Yogurt (Dahi Wadas). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top