Serves: 25 helpings
Time required: 20 minutes
Shelf life: 10 days
Ingredients for Mava Burfi:
- 500 gms khoya
- 300 gms. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- 2 sheets silver foil (edible)
Directions for making Mava Burfi:
- Mash khoya. Mix in the sugar.
- Put into a heavy saucepan. Cook on slow flame, stirring continuously. Cook till the mixture is a very soft lump.*
- Place on a working board and roll with a rolling pin to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cool a little. Spread on the working board silver foil carefully and evenly.
- Make incisions with knife to cut in the desired size and shape.
Note: Burfi is usually cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Enjoy your Mava Burfi. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
To make chocolate mava burfi: Follow till * as above. Divide the mixture in two parts 1/3 and 2/3.
In the smaller part mix 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp. chocolate colour.
Roll both parts separately. Place the chocolate on the mava layer. Roll lightly.
Continue as for mava burfi.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top