Khaja is a sweet delicacy of Bihar, Orissa and West Bengal states in eastern India. Diwali special
Making time: 45 minutes
Makes: 20-25 pieces
Ingredients for Mitha Khaja:
- 1 1/2 cup maida (plain flour)
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- ghee to deep fry
Directions for making Mitha Khaja:
- Heat the water and jaggery till all of it dissolves in the water.
- Strain and cool a bit.
- Mix the cardamom powder and ghee in the flour.
- Knead the flour with the jaggery water.
- The dough should be stiff but pliable.
- Break into approx. 20 parts.
- Knead each with palm and roll into 4" rounds.
- Make many tiny slits with knife or fork on each on both sides.
- Keep them aside on a clean cloth for an hour or so to dry a bit.
- Deep fry in hot ghee on low flame till light golden in colour.
- Drain and cool for a while.
- The khajas will become crisper and harder as they cool.
- Store in airtight container after cooling completely.
- Enjoy your Mitha Khaja. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top