Motichoor ladoo is a sweet delicacy enjoyed throughout India and often used as gifts for special occasions such as at weddings, engagements and births.
Ingredients for Motichoor Ladoo:
- 2 1/2 cups gram flour (not superfine variety)
- 500 ml. milk
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- 3 cups ghee for deep frying
- a fineholed shallow strainer spoon
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. milk
- few drops saffron (kesri) colour
Directions for making Motichoor Ladoo:
- Put sugar and water in a vessel and boil.
- When sugar dissolves, add milk.
- 3.Boil for 5 minutes till scum forms on top.
- 4.Strain and return to fire.
- 5.Add colour and boil till sticky but no thread has formed.
- 6.Add cardamom powder and mix. Keep aside.
- Mix flour and milk to a smooth batter.
- Heat ghee in a heavy frying pan.
- Hold strainer on top with one hand.
- With the other pour some batter all over the holes.
- Tap gently till all batter has fallen into hot ghee.
- Stir with another strainer and remove when light golden.
- Keep aside. Repeat for remaining batter.
- Immerse boondi in syrup.
- Drain any excess syrup.
- Spread in a large plate. Sprinkle few tsp. hot water over it.
- Cover and keep for 5 minutes.
- Shape in laddoos with moist palms.
- Cool and keep open to dry, before storing in containers.
- Enjoy your Motichoor Ladoo. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top