Double ka meetha is a dessert that is very famous in South India often served in weddings and parties.
Ingredients for Paal Poori (Sweet Poori):
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can Evaporated milk
- 2 tsp Cream of wheat (Rava)
- 2 cups All purpose flour (Maida)
- 4 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- Edible camphor (Pacha kalpooram) optional
- a small pinch of Kesar color
- Cooking oil for frying
Directions for making Paal Poori (Sweet Poori):
- Soak saffron in little cold milk, and keep it aside.
- Soak rava in little water for 10 minutes.
- Soak almonds in hot water for 1 hour.
- Peel skin and grind the almond into a fine paste with 1 cup of milk instead of water.
- Boil evaporated milk, condensed milk, and almond paste for 10-15 minutes.
- Add saffron, and kesar color to above and let it cool.
- Knead maida, soked rava, and sugar into a nice dough, using some cold after.
- Make small puris (roll small balls and flatten them with a rolling pin and deep fry in oil) and soak the puries in the boiled milk mixture.
- Serve it cold/hot.
- Enjoy your Paal Poori (Sweet Poori). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top