Soan Papdi is a famous North Indian sweet dish.
Making time: 45 minutes
Makes: 20 pieces (approx.)
Shelflife: 2 weeks
Ingredients for Patisa (Soan Papdi):
- 1 1/4 cup gramflour
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour (maida)
- 250 gms. ghee
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom seeds crushed coarsely
- 2 tsp. charmagaz (combination of 4 types of seeds)
- 4" squares cut from a thin polythene sheet
Directions for making Patisa (Soan Papdi):
- Sift both flours together.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Add flour mixture and roast on low till light golden. Keep aside to cool a little, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare syrup simultaneously. Make syrup out of sugar, water and milk. Bring syrup to 2 1/2 thread consistency.
- Pour at once into the flour mixture. Beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
- Pour onto a greased surface or thali and roll to 1" thickness lightly.
- Sprinkle the charmagaz seeds and elaichi and gently press down with palm.
- Cool, cut into 1" squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet.Store in airtight container.
- Enjoy your Patisa (Soan Papdi). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top