Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Ingredients for Rasgoola:
- 8 cups whole milk
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 cups water
- 1/5 kgs sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tbsp water)
- ½ tsp vetivier essence
Directions for making Rasgoola:
- Take milk in a heavy bottomed pan, bring to the frothing boil, reduce heat. Add lemon juice and stir. This will make the milk curdle and the cheese to separate from the whey. If the cheese does not separate, add another tablespoon of lemon juice. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Pour the cheese-whey mixture into a moist cheese cloth, gather the four corners of the cloth and rinse it under tap water for about 10 minutes. Gently twist the cloth to squeeze out excess water. Tie up the corners and hang for 20 minutes to allow all excess water to drain.
- Meanwhile, mix the water and sugar in a pan, bring to a boil, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves completely. Cook on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- Unwrap the cheese on a clear work surface and crumble it repeatedly till it becomes fluffy and smooth.
- Collect all the cheese into one big portion and coat with a thin layer of oil from all sides. Divide into 16 portions and shape each into a smooth ball.
- Reheat the sugar syrup, bring to a boil an slide in the prepared balls. Increase heat and boil continuously for about 20 minutes adding cornstarch with ¼ cup water after 4 minutes of boiling. Thereafter ¼ cup of water to maintain the consistency of syrup. Take care to add the water directly into the syrup and not on the balls. Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, sprinkle the vetivier essence. Leave to soak the rasgoolas at room temperature for at least 4 hours before consumption. Serve chilled or at room temperature, 2 rasgoolas per person with a few tablespoons of syrup.
- Enjoy your Rasgoola. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top