Ras Malai or Rassmalai is a yellow-colored sweet balls dish originates in the coastal parts of the Indian States Orissa, West Bengal and Bihar. It is very popular in Northen and Western India.
Ingredients for Ras Malai:
- 2 lbs Ricotta Cheese
- 2 qts Half and Half
- 2 cups Sugar
- 5 pods Cardamon pods
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp. Vanilla 1 tsp.
- Rose Water To taste (opt.)
Directions for making Ras Malai:
- Mix 1.5 cups of sugar with the Ricotta cheese and bake it in a 400 degree F oven for about 1hr and 15 minutes in a flat dish covered with aluminum foil. The cheese should have hardened and turned a pale brown.
- Thicken the Half and Half by simmering over low heat for a long time. This is best done in a microwave; if a microwave is not available, do it over low heat and stir frequently. Thicken until the volume drops to around half of the original volume.
- Add the remaining 0.5 cup sugar, cardamon pods, bay leaf, vanilla and rose water (and any other flavouring that you may want) to the Half and Half. Heat for a few minutes.
- After the cheese has been baked, cut it into 1 inch squares and add to the hot thickened half and half. Cool for a few hours in the fridge.
- Enjoy your Ras Malai. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top