Ingredients for Sarkarai Pongal:
- 2 litres milk
- 10 almonds
- 1 1/2 cups newly harvested rice
- 1/4 cup moong dal
- 15 cashew nuts
- 1 1/2 cup jaggery grated
- 30 kishmis
- 1/4 level teaspoon nutrieg powder
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron crushed 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee.
Directions for making Sarkarai Pongal:
- Chop almonds and cashewnuts.
- Clean kishmis
- Pour milk in the earthen pot called `Pongapani' and place it on fire.
- When the milk starts boiling add rice and dal, after washing.
- As soon as the rice and dal are cooked to softness, add jaggery and ghee.
- Let cook on medium fire for some time and then put in almond and cashewnut bits, saffron nutrieg and cardamom powders.
- Lastly put in the kishmis.
- Bring to one or two good boils.
- Enjoy your Sarkarai Pongal. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top